By Brad Patrick, President of EPV Solutions
Cloud this and cloud that. What does this mean and why should I be thinking about it?
The cloud is having services, data and applications that are web-based and accessible from anywhere with internet access. For example, your email is a cloud-based service. Your messages are stored on the web and when you login, you can see them. Facebook is also a cloud-based service. Continue reading
Yeah, yeah,…you techy guys always tell me to back-up my data, but how?
If it is important to you, you should have at least 2 copies of your data.
- What needs to be backed up?
- Where do I back it up to?
- How do I do it regularly without it being a burden?
1) Let’s start with what needs backed up: Continue reading
Wow – these things are cool, but consider how you will use it before you buy it.
Here are a couple of facts that you should know before making a decision.
1. The average lifecycle ( time to have to replace or upgrade) is 18 months.
2. If you will need to do much typing, this device is not for you.
3. Accessing some data or documents may not display correctly on the screen.
4. Tablets are rarely a replacement for a laptop
5. Printing from a tablet can be done, but a little differently.
6. The support and security of tablets is often not taken into consideration.
7. They are expensive to own and support.
If you are still interested in a tablet, don’t just buy one because they are cute. For Facebook, games, web-surfing, , etc they are great. If you plan to use it for business, you will have other challenges.
Voice mail, email, and Internet usage assigned to an employee’s computer or telephone extensions are solely for the purpose of conducting Company business. Some job responsibilities at the Company require access to the Internet and the use of software in addition to the Microsoft Office suite of products. Only people appropriately authorized, for Company purposes, may use the Internet or access additional software. Continue reading
- BOBBIT VIRUS: Removes a vital part of your hard disk then reattaches it. (But that part will never work properly again.)
- OPRAH WINFREY VIRUS: Your 10GB hard drive suddenly shrinks to 1GB, and then slowly expands back to 10GB.
- AT&T VIRUS: Every three minutes it tells you what great service you are getting.
- Sprint VIRUS: Every three minutes it reminds you that you’re paying too much for the AT&T virus. Continue reading
Infections are worse now than they have ever been. No piece of software can provide full protection against threats. It is a combination of software, policies and awareness that will greatly reduce the chances of being infected.
Infections come by all kinds of names like Viruses, Trojans, Malware, and Hijackers. Continue reading