To Tablet or not to Tablet
Wow – these things are cool, but consider how you will use it before you buy it.
Here are a couple of facts that you should know before making a decision.
1. The average lifecycle ( time to have to replace or upgrade) is 18 months.
2. If you will need to do much typing, this device is not for you.
3. Accessing some data or documents may not display correctly on the screen.
4. Tablets are rarely a replacement for a laptop
5. Printing from a tablet can be done, but a little differently.
6. The support and security of tablets is often not taken into consideration.
7. They are expensive to own and support.
If you are still interested in a tablet, don’t just buy one because they are cute. For Facebook, games, web-surfing, , etc they are great. If you plan to use it for business, you will have other challenges.